Work with us
We employ dynamic team members from a variety of disciplines—including community development, finance, grant writing, information systems, fundraising and development, human resources, and marketing and communications.
Volunteer Qualified Physical Therapist
Position: Volunteer Qualified Physical Therapist (Physiotherapist), Community Paediatrics Service
Program: Enable the Children, World Hope International
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Position Type: Full time, one-year commitment preferable, starting January 2019
Organization Overview: Enable the Children, founded as an independent not-for-profit in 2007 and more recently incorporated as a program of World Hope International, is a team of local and expatriate staff who provide Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, care, and support services to approximately 600 children living with disabilities in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
Position Description: The main role is to coordinate a specialist physical therapy service to children and families in the community, assessing and diagnosing children, then planning treatment and interventions, undertaking treatment and maintaining associated records. Also the role holder will oversee the work and planning of the physical therapy team, especially investing in the training of local staff within the team and participate in the training of staff with development and evaluation of the whole service.
- Supportive of World Hope International’s mission, values and philosophy of missions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Fluent in English, and willing to learn new languages
- Computer skills, including Word and Excel beneficial
- Ability to respond to requests and obtain information in a timely manner
- Christian faith (or tolerant to work closely with those of Christian faith)
- Enthusiastic, flexible, reliable and empathetic
- Must have good relational and team working skills
- Has healthy affirming relationships and exhibits integrity in professional and personal life
Education and Experience
- Registered Physical Therapist (Physiotherapist) with at least two years of experience
- Experience in community paediatrics
- Developing nation experience beneficial
Submit the following information to Anna Vines, Enable the Children Program Director at email@example.com: résumé / CV, cover letter, references
Work Hours: 40 hours
In-country stipend: $1000 per month
Benefits: 1 flight per year with travel to and from Freetown (FNA) airport, visa and residents permit, housing in ETC house and travel health insurance
All applicants will be screened for their Christian commitment. This process will include a discussion of:
- The applicant’s spiritual journey and relationship with Jesus Christ as indicated in their statement of faith.
- The applicant’s understanding and acceptance of the Apostle’s Creed.
Statement of Faith
A statement of faith describes your faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with WHI. It must include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, Bible study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship. Applicants can either incorporate their statement of faith into their cover letter content or submit it as a separate document.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. AMEN.
We partner with students at accredited colleges and universities to connect their talents, passions, and education to God’s calling through our program areas to serve people around the world. Internships are often seasonal.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discover current opportunities.
We are always looking for volunteers who are willing to use their varied skills in short-term or longer-term service alongside our team around the world.
Current Opportunities: None
Email email@example.com to discover both short-term, long-term, domestic, and overseas volunteer service opportunities.
AN ORGANIZATION YOU CAN TRUST.
Spending of World Hope International (Canada) funds is confined to Board approved projects. Funds designated towards a project are used as designated, with the understanding that when the need for that project has been met or cannot be completed for reasons determined by the Board, the remaining funds designated will be used where needed most.